It is important that governors and staff not only act impartially, but are also seen to act impartially. The governing body and school staff have a responsibility to avoid any conflict between their business and personal interests and affairs and those of the school. There is a legal duty on all governors to declare an interest likely to lead to questions of bias when considering any item of business at a meeting and for the governor concerned to withdraw, if necessary, whilst the matter is considered.
To help put this duty into practice, a governing body is required to establish and maintain a register of pecuniary interests indicating, for all governors and the headteacher, any business interests.
The Governing Body is made up of the following sub-committees, the chairs of each committee have been underlined:
- Curriculum and Achievement – (Kirsten Jowett, Sarah Sultman, Val Pumfrey, Tamaryn Yartu*)
- Finance – (Howard Zetter, Sam Ziff, Michael Shulman, Michael Kutner, Tamaryn Yartu, Alkesh Poppat*)
- Health & Safety – (Per Simmonsen, Michael Kutner, Tamaryn Yartu)
- Safeguarding Committee (Chris Guerney*, Laurel Freedman, Howard Zetter, Tamaryn Yartu, Mark Cohen)
- Well-being Committee (Laurel Freedman, Suzi Sendama, Ali Durban, Chris Guerney, Hannah Abrahams*)
*Gesher Staff Members