SEN Class Teacher
Gesher is a unique Jewish Independent SEN Primary School that opened its doors in September 2017. Our cohort of children present with a range of Special Educational Needs, including language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties, and those associated with ADHD and specific learning difficulties. We also specialise in Autism Spectrum Challenges (ASC). Our curriculum is therapy based and we have a multi professional team approach to supporting the school. We are a dedicated and passionate team that are working towards providing an Outstanding SEN School.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding and inspirational SEN teacher to join our team. Experience with Special Educational Needs would be advantageous. The candidate does not need to be of a Jewish Faith although, a respect the Ethos and Values of the school would be expected.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
- is an exemplary, outstanding SEN classroom practitioner and is able to work alongside a team of TA’s and therapists
- has the ability to work as part of a forward looking strategic team
- has a deep understanding of how children with special educational needs learn
- is secure in their knowledge of differentiation of the National Curriculum
- to accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment
- is a proven, successful team player with excellent motivational and interpersonal skillsIn return we can offer:
- to be part of a dynamic and forward thinking team of professionals who are passionate about SEN
- to be part of a new, upcoming and outstanding school that will have links to the University of Cambridge and Professor Simon Baron Cohen
- a supportive, warm and passionate team
- access to Gesher’s staff well-being package
Completed applications should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: ongoing basis The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.