Assessment at Gesher School provides valuable information to help children, teachers, parents and school leaders to acknowledge, analyse and review achievements and progress in learning against expected standards and/or P Levels.
We assess to give:
- Children an understanding of where they are secure, what it is that they need to do to rectify any gaps and the next steps needed to extend their learning
- Teachers the detailed knowledge of their pupils’ needs and strengths which they can use to inform future learning, their planning and their teaching
- Parents and carers regular meetings and communication on their child’s progress in meeting expectations and enabling them to work with the school to support progress
- School leaders and governors information that they can analyse and use to make decisions about future actions to improve standards, learning and teaching in the school
- External agencies and partners including DFE and Ofsted the evidence that a school knows its pupils well and sets and maintains high standards in learning and teaching as part of the school’s public accountability to its pupils’ future.
Teachers carry out day to day assessments and checks on pupils’ understanding and progress as part of their day to day teaching. Statutory, formal assessment procedures and examinations also exist to measure attainment against national standards and/or P Levels.