Apply by: May 31st 2018
Job start: September 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an SEN Class Teaching Assistant position working at Gesher; a new Independent Jewish SEN Primary School. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational SEN teaching Assistant who has the ambition and drive to support the school through its development and to provide an Outstanding education. An interest in Autism would be an advantage while experience with SEN in a must. The candidate does not need to be of a Jewish Faith although a respect the Ethos and Values of the school would be expected.
Gesher is an SEN school with a specialism in Autism Spectrum Conditions. Our curriculum is therapy based and we have a multi professional team approach to supporting the school. We are a dedicated and passionate team that are working towards opening an Outstanding SEN School.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
- Is a passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant
- has the ability to work as part of a forward looking strategic team
- has a deep understanding of how children with special educational needs learn
- is secure in their ability to support the class teacher and team
- to support pupils progress and raise attainment
- is a proven, successful team player with excellent motivational and interpersonal skills
In return we can offer:
- to be part of a dynamic and forward thinking team of professionals who are passionate about SEN
- to be part of a new, upcoming and outstanding school that will have links to the University of Cambridge and Prof. Simon Baron Cohen
- a supportive, warm and passionate team
Gesher SEN School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and staff. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.