Apply by: April 30th 2018
Job start: September 2018 (1-2 days a week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Jewish Studies Teacher position in an Independent Jewish SEN Primary School. We are seeking to appoint a creative Jewish Studies teacher who has the passion and drive to develop and teach the Jewish Studies curriculum, and promote the Jewish ethos of the school in a critical stage of the school’s development. An interest in Autism would be an advantage while experience teaching SEN and Jewish Studies is a must. The candidate does not need to be of a Jewish Faith although a respect the Ethos and Values of the school would be expected, as well as relevant subject knowledge within Jewish Studies.
Gesher is a SEN school with a specialism in Autism Spectrum Conditions. Our curriculum is therapy based and we have a multi professional team approach to supporting the school. We are a dedicated and passionate team that are working towards opening an Outstanding SEN School.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
• is an exemplary, outstanding SEN Jewish Studies teacher and is able to work alongside a team of TA’s and therapists
• has the ability to work as part of a forward looking strategic team
• has a deep understanding of how children with special educational needs learn
• is secure in their knowledge of Jewish Studies and confident with differentiating and personalising Jewish learning.
• is a proven, successful team player with excellent motivational and interpersonal skills
In return we can offer:
• to be part of a dynamic and forward thinking team of professionals who are passionate about SEN
• to be part of a new, upcoming and outstanding school that will have links to the University of Cambridge and Prof. Simon Baron Cohen
• to be part of a key SEN resource within the Jewish community
• a supportive, warm and passionate team
Gesher SEN School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and staff. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.