Gesher is a unique Jewish Independent SEN Primary School that opened its doors in September 2017. Our cohort of children present with a range of Special Educational Needs, including language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties, and those needs associated with ADHD and specific learning difficulties. We also specialise in Autism Spectrum Challenges (ASC). Our curriculum is therapy-based, and we have a multi-professional team approach to supporting the school. We are a hardworking and passionate team who are dedicated towards providing an OFSTED Outstanding SEN provision.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding and inspirational Jewish Studies teacher to join our team. This role is a maternity cover post. Experience with Special Educational Needs would be advantageous. The candidate does not need to be of a Jewish Faith although, a respect the Ethos and Values of the school would be expected.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
- will lead the Jewish Ethos and Values of the school
- will continue to develop partnerships within the Jewish Community beyond the school so as to support curriculum learning and development
- will lead and coordinate whole school celebration of festivals
- will be a committed member of the vision for Gesher
- will uphold the Kashrut Policy
- will provide vision and leadership towards teaching and learning of Jewish Studies
- will provide leadership and support to teachers in embedding Jewish Studies across the curriculum
- will monitor teaching, learning and assessment of Jewish Studies
- is an exemplary, outstanding SEN classroom practitioner and is able to work alongside a team of TAs and therapists
- has the ability to work as part of a forward-thinking strategic team
- has a strong understanding of the ways in which children with special educational needs learn
- is secure in their knowledge of differentiation of the National Curriculum to accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment
- is a proven, successful team player with excellent motivational and interpersonal skills
In return we can offer:
- to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team of professionals who are passionate about SEN
- to be part of an OFSTED Outstanding school that has links to the University of Cambridge and Professor Simon Baron Cohen
- a supportive, warm and passionate team
- access to Gesher’s staff well-being package
Completed applications should be sent to [email protected].
Deadline for applications: July 2020
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.