Job Description & Profile
Required for: August 31st, 2021
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Salary: £25,000+ depending on experience
Condition of employment: 1 year contract (with opportunities for permanent role)
The curator and storyteller will lead on:
- Internally supporting the Gesher Learning Community with the curation of beautiful work (e.g. exhibitions, presentations, displays, online publications, etc.) in order to showcase the great work produced by our young people and staff.
- Designing products – websites, platforms, materials, booklets, logos, graphics, animations – for Gesher’s key activities that maximise for user experience and design quality.
- Bringing design coherence and branding to all Gesher communications.
- Using cutting-edge technology to enhance the production of resources, the sharing of ideas, and internal and external communication.
- Share and curate stories about our learning community.
- Establish the expectations and needs of the brief.
- Advise the SLT on what is technically possible and produce a proposal including, for example, the range and scope of the work and realistic timescales and costs.
- Work with drawings, sketches, models or written or verbal instructions to design products.
- Create design ideas using computer-based design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Logic Pro x and Cinema 4D.
- Collaborate with other specialists, including writers, animators, artists, film-makers and video producers, programmers and sound engineers, and incorporate their work into the final product.
- Test and adjust final programs.
- Produce finished design work and present final designs to the project lead.
- Liaise with account managers, technical staff and freelancers on behalf of the project lead and, where necessary, ensure clearance and copyright.
- Supervise other members of the design team.
- Contribute to the wider strategy of Gesher.
- Devise strategies and plans for the future of design products and activities
- Develop a social media strategy and distinct online presence for Gesher through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Connect and upload copy and content to different platforms to showcase our beautiful work
- Creativity and a good understanding of technical processes
- Good writing skills that develop a narrative on the work we are doing.
- Operation skills in the use of specific operating systems
- A passion for information technology and the ability to develop good programming skills
- A high level of competency in using a range of relevant software applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen, respond and relate to project leads – explaining things clearly to people who may not be very familiar with multimedia products
- Good organisational skills and multi-tasking skills to plan projects and meet deadlines
- Team-working skills and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals
- The ability to understand and communicate complex information
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Time-management and project-management skills
- The motivation to keep up to date with technological developments and to work on a project from concept through to closure
- Horizon scanning to constantly find the best and most cost effective solutions to problems.
- Carry out tasks as directed by the Headteacher
Professional Responsibilities, attitudes and skills
- To represent the Gesher values at all times. To be constantly learning, open to feedback, and demonstrating a growth mindset
- To demonstrate a creative and entrepreneurial approach, seeing opportunities and new approaches
- To work proactively and independently as part of a growing and dynamic team
- To have an attention to detail
- To be a good listener and storyteller
- To share the mission of Gesher to change the story in education
- To be proactively seeking out efficiency gains in workflow
To apply, please complete an application form that can be found here: Gesher School Recruitment Application Form 2021
Please, complete and return your application by July 16th to [email protected]. CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis. This advert may be withdrawn as a suitable candidate is identified.
Diversity is a core value of Gesher School. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. As such, we actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for roles at our school.
Gesher School is committed to safeguarding young people and staff. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.