Required for: July/August start
Hours and Pay: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, competitive salary
Condition of employment: 1 year contract
Gesher School is a unique all-through school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with special educational needs. This includes language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties. We have a specialism in autism spectrum challenges (ASC).
Young people are at the heart of Gesher School, where we foster a sense of belonging and community. Our school offers a happy, safe, friendly, and stimulating environment in which young people are supported to learn, interact and have fun. We believe that all young people have the potential to achieve, but that every child is individual and requires a tailored, young person-centred approach to learning.
The Gesher approach is warm, friendly and nurturing. Emotional health and resilience, developing young people’s independence and learning, is at the core of our vision.
At Gesher we provide:
● opportunities that enable young people to thrive as we want our children to be ambitious about achieving their full potential
● a collaborative learning team around every young person to support each young person’s learning needs and maximise meaningful learning opportunities
● a therapeutic team that works together with families to nurture and support young people’s emotional, social, and academic development
● a partnership with families to improve the lives and life chances of young people with SEND by ensuring that they are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution, and experience the wider community
Being part of our learning community, you will be able to use your creativity and shape the way our school provides excellent learning opportunities for our young people.
As a member of our team, you will:
● Join an innovative learning community with ambitious practices. Not only do we want to have an impact on the young people in our school, we also want to help shape the future of special education nationally and internationally.
● Join a committed community of staff and parents and wider supporters.
● Be supported to become the best you can be. We believe in valuing all our staff and therefore take professional development very seriously. In return for their high level of commitment to enabling our young people to reach the best outcomes, we will provide our staff with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
The successful candidate must:
● Provide a range of well balanced, healthy Kosher meals
● Previously managed or assisted in running own catering unit.
● Keep a Kosher kitchen, following and adhering to the schools Kashrut policy
● Able to communicate with all kitchen, school staff and pupils.
● Able to train staff in basic kitchen and catering skills.
● Able to lead and motivate staff
For further information, please visit www.gesherschool.com
For the full Job Description please click here
To apply, please complete an application form that can be found here: https: Gesher School Recruitment Application Form 2021 . Please, complete and return your application by May 10th to [email protected] CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis. This ad may be withdrawn as a suitable candidate is identified. Diversity is a core value of Gesher School. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. As such, we actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for roles at our school.
Gesher School is committed to safeguarding young people and staff. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.